Monday, April 13, 2009

Fanny Packs, Hip Pouches, Oh My!






I really want to start making lots of these in lots of different styles. These are the first two I made, but that was in 2008. I want to alter both patterns a bit. Once I make a dent in the fabric and massive stock pile of supplies I already have, I will buy heavy canvas to make more fanny packs or hip pouches. 

The blue hip pouch wraps around and lies flat around the hips. It attaches with heavy duty velcro instead of a buckle. The seams are finished with bright yellow seam binding.

The black fanny pack is big enough to fit cans of beer or other larger items. I reinforced the straps with multiple rows of stitching. This one has a buckle. But buckles are kind of expensive so I might try and find other options. But then again, nothing works as well as a buckle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment