Monday, April 13, 2009

Dust Cover


I've needed a dust cover for my turntable since I bought it, years ago. But, I'm lazy and cheap and never put the effort into finding an affordable one. Then my dad suggested I make one. Thanks dad!

This dust cover is made from a double layer of brown felt. I just pieced together the five sides with my sewing machine. The cost to make it was about $8. Next time I'm going to try to sew it a different way and save a paper copy of the pattern. 

Felt is the best!

2 comments:

  1. This is sweet! If I wasn't so into the future and mp3's and gotten rid of my record player i'd ask you to make me one! This blog rullllleeeezzzz
    8===0===8 DOCKING eeewwwww!
    Noah

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oh man. this is awesome. i remember back in the day when you were making clothes for your fashion classes or whatever. i want one of these! i have a plastic hard cover for my audio technica but i want one of these bad boys!!
    -Lindsey Salerno

    ReplyDelete